Details of the finances and the start-up process for singer-songwriter Charlie Mars in a Wall Street Journal article, What Does a Singer Do When the Music Business Collapses? (Jan 24, 2016).
- http://growthgroup.com/xero/ Accounting software for your music business
- https://www.xero.com Xero Accounting online
- https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20100712/23482610186.shtml RIAA Accounting: Why Even Major Label Musicians Rarely Make Money From Album Sales
- http://www.ehow.com/how_7225655_set-small-business-music-industry.html How to Set Up Accounting for Small Business in the Music Industry
- https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20100708/02510310122.shtml 'Hollywood Accounting' Losing In The Courts
Total Count: 399912 | Page Views: 654
- Extensive industry specialization info for Music Business and Entertainment businesses is available at: http://www.unclefed.com/index.html (Industry Audit technique guides: http://www.unclefed.com/SurviveIRS/MSSP/)
- Music Business: http://www.unclefed.com/SurviveIRS/MSSP/music.pdf
- Entertainment: http://www.unclefed.com/SurviveIRS/MSSP/entertainment.pdf
- Although the documents look official with IRS info on the front cover, it is a private business. The fine print: Uncle Fed's Tax*Board is owned by National Tax Services, Inc. (NTS) a Virginia corporation. It is NOT affiliated with the U.S. Government nor the Internal Revenue Service in any way.