Blog Notes-February 2011
- Testing a different process for creating PDF's. First some statistics, starting with a Word document (DOCX) 12 pages, 3,186 words, (no graphics), 35,002 bytes
- Word 2007 Save as PDF 651,320 bytes PDF v1.5
- doPDF 6.3 fonts not embedded 49,851 bytes PDF v1.4
- doPDF 6.3 fonts embedded 4,932,976 bytes PDF v1.4
- I noticed that a newer version of doPdf is out: 7.2, I'll have to upgrade and test.
- Testing a different package, open source PDFCreator 1.2 123,785 bytes (more features?) PDF v1.4
- beware, installs a toolbar even if you opt out! Removed active link www.pdfforge.org / pdfcreator
- Camera shopping - Canon or Nikon?
- A check for which is more popular (i.e. more used equipment available)
- Sony SLT-A55V α DSLR camera is a new "best of" innovation.
- key features that catch my eye
- small size compared to Canon and Nikon
- innovation of design, no mirror to flip up
- GPS integrated for capturing location info
- image stabilization inside the camera (I'm sure there are arguments between this and lens based)
- camera based sweep panorama stitching and HDR
- HD 1080 movie mode with auto-focus active during shooting
- HDMI and USB 2.0 connections
- smile capture mode - which works, amazing!
- Questions: remote firing, updates for firmware,
- Digital Photography review of the Sony SLT Alpha A55 August 2010 conclusion page
- I questioned if additional lens exist: Minolta/Konica Minolta/Sony Alpha lens data. (note: the author,Michael Hohner Photography, of the lens data maintains a great photography site focused on the transition of Minolta/Konica to Sony product.
- Sony purchased the camera business from Minolta/Konica 5 years ago in March 2006.
- Looking for more lens info, particularly on the kit lens
- Sony DSLR Talk Forum at Digital Photography review.
- Accounting for Entrepreneurs - Teaching introductory accounting and working on budgets and business plans leads me to trying to finds examples that are simple to understand and complex enough to be interesting.
- Some notes from 2006 book: Streetwise Finance and Accounting for Entrepreneurs.
- What types of businesses are most relevant? Service, retail, manufacturing?