TSCPA Accounting Academy ... new video
Marketing of Accounting Academy is taking off with a newly released video. The video includes photo's from prior years (at Belmont) and current Belmont student, Byron Glover.
Information for the 2013 Accounting Academy is available at
- Accounting Academy advertising flyer
- Information page and link to the online application form.
- July 7-10, 2013 in Nashville TN
- Application deadline: May 3, 2013
Tax Returns - Free Filing vs Paid Software
Turbo Tax and Tax Cut have had a long history of selling software for tax return preparation and electronic filing. The most frustrating part of using the software is the required guidance through the system. It seems to me that the IRS Free Fillable forms (http://www.irs.gov/uac/Access-Free-File-Fillable-Forms-Here) are the easiest answer to quickly completing a tax return. The list of supported forms for an individual is long! Per the IRS these fillable forms are the electronic equivalent of IRS paper forms and instructions.
- e-file Home at the IRS: http://www.irs.gov/Filing
- Advantage is ease of completing a tax return by filling in the blanks as it was intended! The form does the calculations and allows electronic filing when finished.
- where is the data stored?
- All tax data is stored in the secure Free File Fillable Forms database.
- what happens next year? Is there a start with last years basic return option?
- Take a look at one of the free filing services to use jointly to teach how to complete a tax return. Review from early 2012 at about.com
The Food Bubble by Frederick Kaufman July 2010 Harpers
Your Precious Land column by Mike Walsten on AgWeb
Cropland sold for $8,200 an acre 2/21/2013 Aberdeen News
Federal Reserve of Kansas City Agricultural Finance Databook