- Streamweaver 12 South Nashville tech company with split-screen mobile video app that takes your video recording (up to 4) and creates / streams a split-screen video.
- TalkApolis informative weekly series about your local world -- Nashville. Our 'microcasts' deliver video and audio versions to your phone and TV on our simple to use app. Current shows include: Music Business Week, Music Business Daily, Emerging Artists, Voices Of Experience, What's Up Nashville, and Football Fantasy. Shows in development include: East Nashville Scene & Nashville Nightlife. Even more shows to come soon, so stay tuned!
Accounting Information Systems Updates
- 10Minutes on why the COSO Update deserves your attention (PwC) from the PwC website: Any effective system of internal control must adapt to new challenges and changes. Today's business environment strains controls that were once sufficient. The recently released COSO Update, authored by PwC, helps you refresh your controls for today's environment. For the first time in 20 years, the COSO Update considers changes in the business environment since the original 1992 Framework. Internal control has given companies reasonable assurance around financial reporting.
- Link to the PDF: 10Minutes on why the COSO Update deserves your attention
- Link to COSO website where Executive Summary, FAQs, and PowerPoint Slides are available. Guidance on Internal Control page
Maintaining your CPA license
Dr. Kate Mooney lays it out clearly in Top Six List of “Licensee Duties” see details in the PDF
- Keep the Board informed of your current address
- Monitor your CPE
- Renew your certificate
- Get your firm’s quality review completed on time (of course this doesn't apply to CPA's in industry)
- Don’t ignore letters from the Board
- Keep your nose clean (you have to love the wording of #6!)
Page 3 of the newsletter shows why these details are important: fines for failure to renew certificates. I think that is is particularly problematic when CPA's leave public accounting for industry positions.
focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.