You need to round calculations in Excel!
- Why should you control precision of calculations in a spreadsheet is something that I believe is important. The Excel functions ROUND(), ROUNDUP(), ... are all important elements of building controls. My demonstration of adding 1 + 1 = 3 (as displayed) should be enough of an example to make this point. But I know from experience that the results displayed with formatting are what someone sees, rather than the trailing decimals embedded in a calculation. ... more ... Rounding Formula Results With Excel
- Spreadsheet Check and Control: 47 key practices to detect and prevent errors ISBN 190540400X, by Patrick O'Beirne, 204 pages, (2005).
- Monthly newsletter by the author
- European Spreadsheet Risks Interest Group
- Excel Review Materials at Duke's Fuqua School of Business, by Paula Ecklund. A comprehensive set of documents and workbooks for Fuqua MBA students looking for review and practice materials for Microsoft Excel. Written for Excel 2003 with some updates for Excel 2007.
- Excellent Links to Excel Websites
- |NPR - Planet Money: Episode 606: Spreadsheets! 2/25/2015 Scribbles-July2015
- Great quote: The spreadsheet is a tool, and it is also a world view — reality by the numbers.
- Includes interviews and the history of the spreadsheet