Canon Digital Photography Forums - Canon SD600 purchased in early 2006, plenty of help for questions and gadget ideas
National Geographic Daily Dozen - what an amazing daily archive of great photos. Composition, color, and pure joy in the photographs from around the world. If the digital camera needed some praise, NGM.com is the perfect window to the world. 2008-12-09
Sunrise Sunset application for Tennessee, select city to generate times.
Photographs - generally a resolution of 300dpi will handle the output resolution of most printers (150dpi would be good enough for a laser printer which prints at 600dpi) "[Scanning 101]". A formula for calculating the dpi based on 2 factors (original photo size and final printed photo size) is: 264 x Enlarge or Reduce Percent = Scan Resolution dpi. (if printing in b&w change the factor to 200). "[Scanning Tips]". Examples:
- original and final at same size = 264dpi
- final print 50% larger = 264 x 1.50 = 396dpi
- final print 25% smaller = 264 x .75 = 198dpi
Black and White line art - generally a resolution of 1200dpi will handle the output resolution of most printers (600dpi would be good enough for a laser printer which prints at 600dpi) "[Scanning 101]"
Photographer Links (newest at the top)
- PetaPixel THE photography blog! 2014-07-31
- Patrick Smith Flickr with extensive notes for each photograph
- Patrick Smith 500px
- Stunning photos at 500px
Photography-Reviews (could be a separate page?)
- Example review from Imaging-Resource Sony RX 100 - notice the similar comparison at the bottom!
- what about shutter response time or shutter lag? I found it at ePhotozine.com
- Great comparisons!! SnapSort.com has comprehensive comparisons and shows specs side by side. Very nice!
- Right Gear ... Not necessarily Best Gear
- Bob Atkins - Best Canon EOS lenses with examples and great explanations.
HD Video with a Canon 60D
- Video recording summary for the 60D. The output is stored as an MOV file which is AVC / H.264 image compression, 1,920 x 1088 (1080p) resolution. This is a computing intensive format if attempting to playback on a PC.
- Testing Avidemux with my HD video. Initial objective is combining several clips together into a single video. And then simple conversion to DVD format output.
- Note: Microsoft Live Movie Maker 2011 is not able to even read the MOV file from the camera.
- Creative Commons - ...give people the right to share, use, and even build upon a work you’ve created, you should consider publishing it under a Creative Commons license. CC gives you flexibility (for example, you can choose to allow only non-commercial uses) and protects the people who use your work, so they don’t have to worry about copyright infringement, as long as they abide by the conditions you have specified.
... more ...
todo: pull in contents from other pages such as Scribbles-July2014. link cross ref?
Links to other pages
- Scribbles - June2015
- Scribbles - May2015
- Scribbles - April 2015
- Scribbles - March2015
- Scribbles - January2015
- Scribbles - December2014
- Scribbles - September2014
- Scribbles - July2014
- Feb 2014 Photographs
- Jan 2014 Photographs